Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday


So I woke up to a poopy mess. No, I didn't crap the bed. My kitty had a big mess in his butt fur that I had to clean at 5:30 in the morning. NOT. FUN. Bathing a grumpy cat when you are half asleep doesn't bode well for anyone. I've got the scratch marks to prove it. :P

After the bath debacle I stumbled back to bed for a few hours. Woke up and decided I needed a haircut. So off to my fave salon Lucky 13 for a choppy layered cut and brow wax. I find hair salons so relaxing. I don't know if it's the soothing voice of my awesome stylist, Heather or the delicious heat of the hair dryer. Whatever it is I always, always leave feeling ready for a nap.

An hour or so later I left sporting a cute 'do and a new take on my standard blunt cut bangs. Feeling good except for a caffeine withdraw headache I headed to Starbucks for a quick fix. While there I handed over some freshly baked vegan pumpkin bread to my favorite baristas.
Now here I sit...getting my blog fix. :)




3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! An early morning clean up is not a fun way to start a day. I feel your pain. I had a cat that used to leave hair balls - or should I say his entire meals- all over the house! It drove me nuts! But the rest of your Sunday sounded much nicer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I smirk when people tell me how "clean" cats are :) I have 2, and I love them to death, but between stepping on cold, soggy hairballs in my barefeet, finding kitty litter sprinkled on my art table in the morning (they don't dare venture up there when I'm awake :D) and the occasional poop rock that must've clung on then fallen off after hardening....I just smile and nod :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generally I don't have a problem with my adult cats. Kittens can't help being messy. Lol.
    Kitty litter is a problem although I found a lovely mat that when placed in front of the litter pan helps cut down on the litter tracking throughout the house. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)