Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Knitting and Stewed Cats?


I'm in the Yarn Bombs Away swap on swap-bot. Our task is to knit 3 "tags" and mail to one person. That person will then yarn bomb wherever they choose and they will take pictures and post them. I've read about yarn bombing but never tried it. I think it will be fun! :) You can read more about it here: These are the 3 tags I made for my partner. The yellow one was so much fun to make! It kind of looks like little tentacles! The purple one is delicate and pretty and the last one is done in a simple garter stitch.

Today I actually felt like cooking (thanks to the cool autumn-like weather). I fried some seitan in garlic and onions and then made up a stew. Yum! I also made some vegan chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing. I brought them to my fave Starbucks employees. I certainly didn't want to eat them all myself! ;)

Cute photo of Giles napping in a basket. I love how kitties find the cutest places to nap! :)

Giles and Freya relaxing in the bedroom. Check out her pretty eyes...one is golden and the other is blue! :)















8 comments:

  1. OHHHHHHH how puurrrrscious. I love cats. They are so cute and I love there names LOL. Gilles is my friends name.


    ElizabethMD from swap bot

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Your kitties remind me of my two silly cats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, your stew looks delish. And, your kitty cats are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 2 colored eyes....so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes...Freya is a beauty but she is also a brat! She's got attitude you wouldn't believe and I've got the scratches to prove it. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, such cute kitties! My friend has a cat named Freya, too. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)