Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Flower By Any Other Name...

Meet Marigold the Wonder Skunk! She is a 3 year old rescue from a skunk group in Ohio. She's such a character!

Hobbies: Sleeping, Playing the "I'm going to spray you" game, begging for unhealthy snacks like Ruffles.

Likes: Peanut butter, fridge raids, cats, and master minding backyard escapes.

Dislikes: Being held against her will, Cameras, and healthy snacks.

Her original name was Oscar. Not sure why anyone would name a female Oscar...but there you have it. I renamed her Marigold. :)





4 comments:

  1. oh wow. I didn't know you could have a skunk as a pet..that's actually pretty cool. lol Marigold is a much prettier name than Oscar. :)
    I'm not sure why my other comment never showed up :(

    sparsilevacivity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skunks are only legal in some states...and you have to pay a yearly fee in order to keep one. They are definitely not the pet for everyone! Lol.

    I'm not sure why either...it never showed up in my comments to approve box. Oh well! This one made it! :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has the spray gland or whatever it is taken put right?

    She's so cute! I want a skunk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that was removed when she was spayed....which was before I got her. I took her in about a year ago.

    You have to have a lot of patience when dealing with pet skunks. Marigold was a biter when I first brought her home. Being bit by a skunk hurts like you wouldn't believe. :( But with lots of patience she has come around. She no longer bites...she even seems to like me in her own skunky way. But she is definitely not cuddly like my cat! However everyone's pet skunk experience is different. I know some people who have skunks that are super friendly. I think it helps if you get a skunk as a baby so that they will bond with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)