Sunday, August 22, 2010

Five

Day 5- a picture of somewhere you've been to.





A few years ago my sister, best guy friend, and I spent the post Christmas days in Hocking Hills, Ohio. We rented a log cabin, exchanged holiday gifts, and explored the area. One of our first stops was Ravenwood Castle ( http://www.ravenwoodcastle.com/ ) . It's a really unique place! Besides the castle, you can stay in a medieval cottage or a gypsy wagon. What fun!
We also stopped by the haunted Moonville Tunnel. This old railroad tunnel is said to be haunted by a man dressed as an engineer carrying a lantern. Some people have even spotted him in their photos! Spooky! :)
We took Lola the Wonder Chihuahua with us! She did not enjoy the long hike to the tunnel! Poor girl. We ended up carrying her much of the way.



7 comments:

  1. Great pics. Looks like a place I would love to go! Nice blog. Will be following and adding to my Blog List. I am HayleyK from Swap-Bot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of an outdoorsy person, but that does look like it would be an interesting place to trample around. I'll have to look this place up and see if the hubby may want to trek that way some day.

    Swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely places you go to!!
    Ichigoshortcake on SB ^____^ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a lot of fun! I'd love to go somewhere like that. I live in South Texas, and I've only seen snow once... It's usually about 70 on Christmas. My sister and I were looking for somewhere to go this Christmas to bring our families together to celebrate. Maybe this is something that we could consider...

    - Raye
    xxpenguinsncaflyxx - SwapBot...Blog Me Up, Baby

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool castle! Love Haunted old places!

    Smiles,
    Cameron
    PaintMyselfPretty / Swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hocking Hills is definitely one of my favorite weekend getaways! There's so much to do from relaxing in a hot tub at the cabin to exploring caves and rock formations to enjoying beautiful waterfalls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raye, you can have all my snow! Lol. I don't mind the snow so much, I just hate having to drive in it!
    My advice to you if you do want to come to Hocking Hills for the holidays is to book a cabin NOW! They fill up fast. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)