Monday, August 30, 2010

Coconuty Goodness!

My sister came for a weekend visit and she really wanted some of my homemade cupcakes. I started getting all the ingredients together when I realized I was out of soy milk. What's a girl to do? I didn't feel like running to the store so I whipped out my favorite cupcake cookbook Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero and rummaged through until I found her recipe for Toasted Coconut Cupcakes with Coffee Buttercream Icing. This recipe calls for coconut milk instead of soy. I was in luck! I followed her recipe except that I omitted the coconut flakes from the cupcake batter and I had to use extra vanilla because I was out of coconut extract. I used my Starbucks Via to flavor the icing and topped them off with a cute little dark chocolate espresso bean. Yum! These cupcakes are heavier than my normal cupcakes (I'm assuming that's b/c of the coconut milk). Very decadent, rich cupcake. :)





2 comments:

  1. OMG! I go gaga for coconut! looks vunderbah (that's our little made-up but sounds like another language way of saying wonderful!)

    Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Glad to see you're quirky like me! I make up words all the time.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)